What you’ll do:
At 321 Growth Academy, we’re on a mission to help more entrepreneurs grow and scale their companies, right here at home. We do that by offering interactive, cohort-based training in the areas that drive growth – namely, sales and marketing.
In the last few years, we’ve worked with over 320 companies, and now we are ramping up our own growth! So, we are looking for a Customer Success Associate that wants to join us in this mission.
What you’ll do:
- Help us build great courses that blend online and “live” learning. You’ll help us build our online content, and build our courses in our online learning platform
- Manage the onboarding process, which includes enrolling participants and helping them with any questions
- Manage all ongoing communications with course participants to ensure they succeed – in Hubspot (our CRM)
- Set up course registration pages, track registrations and payments
- Organizing our Demo Day events, where we invite guests and “friends of 321” to join us in hearing about and celebrating our cohorts’ progress
- Tracking success metrics and outcomes for both participants, and for 321 – so we keep learning and improving
- We’re a growing and evolving company, this means you may be asked to help out in any number of areas of the company.
Who we’re looking for:
- Diverse candidates with 1-3 years of marketing, communications, customer success (or customer support, customer service) experience – if your experience is in B2B, in software/technology, or in an early-stage or high-growth company, that’s a huge bonus!
- Undergrad or college degree in business is preferred – but we’re very open to seeing candidates without degrees if all the other boxes are checked
- Tech-savvy – comfortable learning new tech and using it on the daily!
Your secret sauce:
- You like a fast-paced environment (but no, we don’t expect you to work 60 hours a week)
- You’re flexible and adaptable, and comfortable with things changing (hello, Covid!)
- You’re self-driven – you like to achieve goals, and are good at managing your time and priorities to get there, even in a virtual world
- You have high standards – it’s not just about getting stuff done, but doing stuff that matters and doing it well
- You’ve got an eye for detail, and few typos get past you
- You take your work seriously, but you don’t take yourself seriously. You’ve got a sense of humour and like to have fun at work
- You enjoy being part of a team, working with smart and driven people to learn from and collaborate with
- You’re curious, and like to learn and try new things (and when they don’t always work, you can shake it off and move on)
What it’s like at 321:
At 321, we are passionate about making a big impact and doing important, meaningful work. But we’re equally passionate about working with amazing people, having fun, and trying to lead balanced lives.
It’s fast-paced around here. For the right folks, that makes it fun, energetic and a great learning environment. And you’ll be able to work alongside experts in their field, and level-up your skills and experience in a way that you can’t in a “typical job”.
When does the party get started?
We are hoping to fill this role soon, so if you’re interested, please apply right away.
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, or the kind of role you’ve been looking for, we want to meet you! However, we’re a small (but mighty) team, so we won’t be able to respond to everyone that applies. To apply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that:
- Summarizes your relevant experience, specifically calling out where you check all the boxes (and where you don’t)
- Summarizes your secret sauce, and why you think you’d be a great fit for 321
- PLEASE don’t send us a resume (unless we request it) or cover letter. Just send us a snappy email that will catch our attention, that tells the story of why you’re interested and why you think you’d be a great fit – and shows off your ability to communicate well. (We’ll ask for a resumes from those that we interview.)
- Outlines your compensation expectations.
- When you could start – if we agree we want to work together.