Lean Sales is our hands-on, deep-dive sales course for founders and team members.
In 10 weeks, you’ll learn everything you need to know about sales – from prospecting through closing – all while applying what you learn in your business in real-time.
So whether you’re building your sales from scratch, looking to scale up, or need to fix what isn’t working, Lean Sales is the course for you.
Ready to get started?
If you’re looking for where you sign up, or if you’re keen to see our upcoming course dates, go here.
But if you want to learn more, read on…
Here’s what you’ll accomplish during Lean Sales…
- A better understanding of your target customer and your value – both key to effective sales
- Fresh insights on the type of sales approach that will work for you
- An understanding of your “unit economics”, including a review of your pricing
- A defined sales process that aligns with how your customers want to buy
- Prospecting tactics that you can use right away to fill the top of your funnel – as well as common mistakes
- Better sales messaging, so your prospects can “get it”, and how to use that messaging in scripts, demos, presentations and more
- Approaches to handle buyer objections, so you can keep moving forward
- New ways to help you qualify, so you’re focusing on the best opportunities
- Tactics for how you can negotiate, close and get to a signed contract
- A new perspective on setting goals and the sales metrics that you should be watching
- Insights on how to build and manage high-performing sales teams, including what kind of sales “unicorns” you’ll need to win
But don’t worry, you won’t be alone in this!
You’ll be guided by 321 experts who’ve “been there, done that”, and have experienced first-hand the kinds of challenges you’re facing.
During the course, you’ll also get two private “ride-a-long” sessions with your course leader, to help you tackle any tricky sales challenges you’re facing, or to provide feedback and coaching.
You’ll also learn alongside a group of peers in your cohort that are facing many of the same challenges. Your learning will be enhanced by their insights and experiences as well.
So, how does Lean Sales work?
Well, Lean Sales is not “typical” training.
It’s a combination of online learning, with live weekly group discussions on Zoom – led and facilitated by 321 experts. And it’s highly structured, to ensure you make progress in building (or optimizing) your sales engine – each and every week.
Here’s how it works:
- Each week, you’ll self-drive through some online content to learn the key concepts, and apply what you’re learning by completing the worksheets provided. Everyone is always busy, so this allows you to choose when is the best time for you to dive in.
- Then, we meet online (hello Zoom!) to discuss those key concepts in more detail. Your course leader will check in on your progress (to keep you accountable!), share real-life examples, answer any questions, and lead a group discussion so you can learn from your peers in the cohort.
- In addition, each participating company gets two “ride-a-longs” to get private coaching and feedback.
- To wrap up, we celebrate your wins and progress at our Demo Day. We’ll raise a glass to toast everyone’s progress (and give away some great prizes).
Who will benefit most from Lean Sales?
- Business and technical founders, and senior members of your team that have responsibility for sales. Perhaps you’re feeling a little uncomfortable (or frankly, completely out of your comfort zone) in a sales role. Lean Sales will help you to learn how to sell (everyone CAN sell!), so that you can coach and support your current sales team, or arm yourself to better recruit and manage your future sales talent.
- Other members of your team that are involved in and support sales (think: Marketing, Product, Customer Success), but don’t have direct accountability. These folks on your team will hugely benefit from attending Lean Sales as well. This course will help get your whole team on the same page as to your sales approach, and how they all work together to drive revenue.
- You can also use Lean Sales to help you onboard – or level up – new team members. If you have a sales process that is working well (or maybe you’re already a 321 Sales Alumni!), you may want to have newer team members take Lean Sales as part of their onboarding. This course can be a time- and cost-efficient way to get your newer team members up to speed on a sales approach that works.
And as mentioned earlier, we’ve learned (from our past attendees) that you’ll get better outcomes, faster, if everyone that touches sales goes through the Lean Sales experience together. It’s a bigger investment, but it also ensures that you will be able to implement what you learn – and drive sales results – more quickly.
You don’t need any prior sales experience, either.
Lean Sales is a fit for those with no prior sales experience, as well as those folks keen to brush up their sales skills, or learn new skills and techniques.
And Lean Sales is a great option for all company stages.
We have worked with companies at all different stages – from early stage to fast-growing scale-ups. But, you’ll get the very most from your Lean Sales experience if:
- You are working full-time on your business, or are close to making that leap.
- You already have a product. It may be launched, or will soon be. You are well on your way to product-market-fit. (Why? If you are too early stage, you are far better off spending your time on market validation – then once you’ve got some market feedback, we can help you get ready to sell!)
- In terms of stage, you may be:
- Pre- or early-revenue, with some customers, and want to build your sales engine “right” from the outset.
- Have some customers and revenue, but are having some issues accelerating your growth – and need some help.
- Are doing well, but know that how you’re doing sales today won’t scale.
- Critical to enjoying your Lean Sales adventure – and achieving great outcomes – is your commitment to making growing your sales a top priority. In short, you and your team are ready to stop talking about it, and get ‘er done.
What’s the investment?
Your investment in 321’s Lean Sales is two-fold:
First, the $:
Find current prices here.
But let’s not forget: your time!
The second part of your investment is your time! Lean Sales is not a passive course where you can turn off your Zoom camera and do emails (or scroll through your social media). You’ll want to sign up when you’ll be able to actively participate. That’s when you’ll get to those great outcomes we shared up there ☝🏼
Ready to jump into Lean Sales?
See the next upcoming courses here!
Still not convinced? Then contact us and we can chat about whether we’re a fit for you.
If sales doesn’t sound like where you need to focus right now, take a peek at our Growth Marketing course.