There’s a ton of 321 Marketing magic happening, so sometimes it’s hard to choose! Never fear, there’s 321 help on that. Below, we’ll highlight and dig into our 321 marketing courses so you can determine which of our marketing adventures is best for you.
Your 321 Marketing Course “Cheat Sheet”
Here’s a handy “cheat sheet” that compares our Marketing Kickstarter and Growth Marketing courses. There’s plenty of detail that follows, so if your questions aren’t answered here, then, read on…
|Marketing Kickstarter||Growth Marketing|
|Upcoming Dates||Check here!||Check here!|
|Courses length||A few hours||10 weeks of online learning with 2 hours each week of live learning – plus, an evening Demo Day|
|Overview||Marketing Kickstarter is a half-day overview of how to build a strong “marketing engine” (marketing that drives revenue) in your company. You’ll do a self-assessment so you can see where you’re at now, identify key gaps, and build a high-level action plan to move you forward.||Growth Marketing is a hands-on, deep-dive course in marketing that is geared toward driving growth. You’ll learn everything you need to know – from marketing fundamentals to creating campaigns, assets and sales tools – all while applying what you learn in your business in real-time, as you progress through the course.|
|Who should attend?||Business and technical founders, and senior members of the team responsible for marketing. (Although, we encourage you to bring team mates!)||Business and technical founders, and senior members of the team responsible for marketing. (Although, we encourage you to bring team mates!)|
|Is prior marketing experience needed?||Absolutely not required!||Absolutely not required!|
|Company stage||Pre- or early-revenue, with some customers, and want to build your marketing engine “right” from the outset. Have some customers and revenue, but are having challenges accelerating your growth – and you need help realizing more impact you’re your marketing. Have tried/are doing heaps of marketing but you’re not happy with the ROI & want better. Are doing well, but know that how you’re doing in marketing today won’t scale well.||Pre- or early-revenue, with some customers, and want to build your marketing engine “right” from the outset. Have some customers and revenue, but are having challenges accelerating your growth – and you need help realizing more impact you’re your marketing. Have tried/are doing heaps of marketing but you’re not happy with the ROI & want better. Are doing well, but know that how you’re doing in marketing today won’t scale well.|
|Investment||Current Prices||Current Prices|
|How to register?||Upcoming Courses||Upcoming Courses|
Get Started with Marketing –321’s Marketing Kickstarter
Marketing Kickstarter is our intro course on revenue-focused marketing for B2B and B2C startups and scale-ups. We’ll start with 321’s Growth Fundamentals then an overview of what a strong “marketing engine” looks like. You’ll do self-assessments on your company’s current marketing abilities as you go along, and lastly lead you through development of an action plan to move you forward.
First, when exactly is this Marketing Kickstarter adventure happening?
What do we cover in Marketing Kickstarter?
Well, we cover a lot of ground in just a few hours! Here’s a sneak peek at some of the key topics:
- What is growth marketing, and how is it different from sales?
- What does a good marketing engine look like? What elements have to be in place for your marketing to be a driver of growth?
- Why is getting the marketing fundamentals right so key for effective marketing – and for making sure you spend your money wisely?
- A high-level overview of what a great marketing engine looks like
- A self-assessment of your company’s current marketing capabilities, and where your priorities should lie moving forward
- And an “Ask Me Anything” session at the end, where you can ask the 321 marketing experts your burning questions.
You’ll do all this as part of a cohort of like-minded folks, who will not only enhance your learning and build your network, but also make your experience more fun. 🙂
Who from your company should attend?
This course helps you to rise above the daily tasks of marketing and to think strategically about how you build your marketing function to drive growth in your organization. As a result, those who are charged with building and leading the marketing function will get the greatest value from their experience.
We typically find this course full of business and technical founders, often joined by the senior members of the team responsible for (or contributing to) Marketing (like Sales, Business/Corporate Development, Product and Client Success). That’s not to say that we don’t welcome your more junior colleagues – we do! But it’s usually best if they are coming along with a senior leader, who can work alongside with them during the course.
And lastly, here’s some advice, gleaned from working with 200 course attendees from 200 companies. We see over and over again, that those companies that send colleagues together to work jointly on building their marketing engines, get better outcomes, faster. So, although sending more than one person increases your investment, we have seen that it also increases your results.
(If you’re looking for less than 10,000 feet above sea level, and more like 10 feet, then consider Growth Marketing – our intensive deep-dive that goes into more “how to” content. Read on for more info on this course.)
Is any prior marketing experience required?
Absolutely not! As we mention above, the Marketing Kickstarter is a great fit both for those that have had no prior experience in (and may even be a bit intimidated by) marketing, as well as those with some marketing miles looking for new ideas and approaches. Everyone welcome!
What stage of company will get the most from 321’s Marketing Kickstarter?
Overall, past participants have had a range of stages from early stage (even pre-revenue) to startup (have clients, have product market fit and want to accelerate marketing to accelerate traction) to scale-up (approaching market leadership).
We often hear that our Marketing Kickstarter is helpful for providing founders and their teams the understanding of marketing to help them avoid the common marketing mistakes (that can turn into time and money spent on marketing initiatives that fail to deliver the right leads, clients and revenue) and can help them build strong marketing fundamentals and smart marketing from the get-go. We also hear early stage founders note that a better marketing skillset helped them determine more specifically the right kind of marketing hire that they needed.
So, if you’re early stage and want to learn how to “do marketing right” from the outset, Marketing Kickstarter is a good choice.
And, as noted, we’ve also worked with many companies that are farther along. They’ve launched their product, are confident that they’ve got product-market-fit (or are close), and feel like they are ready to rocket.
So perhaps you feel that sales are progressing nicely, but you want fresh eyes on your approach before you ramp up investment. Or perhaps your time is so scarce, that you don’t feel you can commit to the time required in our Growth Marketing course. Or maybe you’re not convinced (yet) that 321 can help you, or that our approach will work for you.
So, if you are farther along and want a fresh perspective on your marketing approach – or you’re time-starved or just skeptical – we think you can’t go wrong starting with our Marketing Kickstarter.
What’s the cost:
Ready to jump into Marketing Kickstarter?
Still not convinced? Contact us!
Dive Deep into Marketing – with 321’s Growth Marketing
Growth Marketing is our hands-on, deep-dive course for B2B and B2C founders, marketing leaders (and their team members). In 10 weeks of blended online and “live” learning, you’ll learn everything you need to know – from marketing fundamentals to marketing campaigns to creating marketing assets & sales tools – all while applying what you learn in your business in real-time. If now is the time for your company to dive deeper into marketing, build a successful marketing function that creates awareness, leads, clients and greater revenue, get the team aligned to implement marketing that matters and focus on optimizing results, then Growth Marketing is the course for you.
When does the next Growth Marketing cohort kick off?
What do we cover in Growth Marketing?
In short, we cover everything you’ll need to ramp up revenue-focused Marketing.
- We start by ensuring you have a solid foundation, with in-depth work on your business model, understanding where you are now with your key elements of what your company offers, to whom (target customers and the value proposition and revenue model.
- We will kick start our Marketing adventure with a review of what Marketing is (and what it isn’t) and define what we mean by Growth Marketing.
- Next we move on to the Marketing fundamentals, which includes the who (understanding the Market, understanding your prospective Customers, how they buy), the how (evaluating your go-to-market strategy) and the what (key messages), Specifically, we will help you to:
- Undertake a market assessment (how to size the overall market, how to understand market segments and to assess and prioritize market segments)
- Develop your Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) and learn how to apply it for better marketing
- Create your Buyer’s Journey and learn how to use it for improved marketing outcomes
- Understand and evaluate go-to-market strategies and the implications for marketing initiatives and focus
- Use a tested model for developing key messages (that resonate with ideal customers) and how to use them
- Learn about and apply our tools to build your brand
- Next we will take a tour through the world of marketing collateral, learning about the different types of marketing assets and sales tools, including when and how to best use them.
- Next we move on to learning about the key types of marketing campaigns that help drive revenue and a model & approach to building successful marketing campaigns.
- Then we’ll take a deep dive into each type of campaign, use real examples from the field and work through exercises in the course that help you put your new campaign wizard level skills into action.
- As part of the course you will select a marketing campaign to plan – you’ll be able to design and get ready to execute with expert coaching.
- We also cover Marketing unicorns: yes, the different types of Marketers and how to determine the best bench (employees and consultants) for your company.
- And of course, we talk tech: Marketing tech stack, to be precise, where we cover the why, what and how of building the tech stack you need for your Marketing function.
- During the course, you’ll get a one-hour private “ride-a-long” session with your course leader, to help you tackle any tricky marketing challenges, or get feedback and coaching.
- To wrap up, we celebrate your wins and progress at a Marketing Demo Day event. We’ll raise a glass to toast your progress (and give away some great prizes) along with your cohort and invited friends of 321 and the tech community.
Who from your company should attend?
Growth Marketing is primarily for “do-ers”. And by do-ers, we mean:
- Business and technical founders, and senior members of your team that have responsibility for marketing. Perhaps you’re feeling a little uncomfortable (or frankly, completely out of your comfort zone) leading or managing marketing. Growth Marketing will help level up your skills and align your company’s marketing to your company’s growth. You’ll get what you need to be more adept at coaching and supporting your current marketing team, or arm yourself to better recruit and manage your future marketing unicorns.
- Other members of your team that are involved in and support marketing (think: Sales, Product, Client Success), but don’t have direct accountability. These folks on your team will hugely benefit from attending Growth Marketing as well. This course will help get your whole team on the same page as to your marketing approach, and how they all work together to help drive revenue.
- If you have a marketing process that is working well (or maybe you’re already a 321 Marketing Alumni!), you may want to have newer team members take Lean Sales as part of their onboarding. This course can be a time- and cost-efficient way to get your newer team members up to speed on a sales approach that works.
And as mentioned earlier, we’ve learned (from our 300 attendees in 200 companies) that you’ll get better outcomes, faster, if everyone that touches marketing goes through the Growth Marketing experience together. It’s a bigger investment for sure, but it also ensures that you will be able to implement what you learn – and drive marketing outcomes – more quickly.
Is any prior marketing experience required?
Nope! Growth Marketing is a fit for those with no prior experience, as well as those folks with more marketing experience that are keen to brush up their skills, or learn new skills and techniques.
What stage of company will get the most from 321’s Growth Marketing?
We have worked with companies at all different stages, and attendees with varying levels of marketing experience.
In general, you’ll get the very most from your Growth Marketing experience if:
- You are working full-time on your business, or are close to making that leap.
- You already have a product. It may be launched, or will soon be. You are well on your way to product-market-fit. (Why? If you are too early stage, you are far better off spending your time on market validation – then once you’ve got some market feedback, we can help you get ready to sell!)
- In terms of stage, you may:
- Have some customers and revenue, but are having challenges accelerating your growth – and you need help realizing more impact you’re your marketing.
- Have tried/are doing heaps of marketing but you’re not happy with the ROI & want better.
- Be doing well, but know that how you’re doing in marketing today won’t scale well.
- Critical to enjoying your Growth Marketing adventure – and achieving great outcomes is your commitment to making marketing better a top priority. In short, you and your team are ready to stop talking about it, and get ‘er done.
What’s the investment?
Your investment in 321’s Growth Marketing is two-fold:
First, the $:
But let’s not forget: your time!
The second part of your investment is your time! Growth Marketing is not a passive course where you can sit in the back row and do emails (or scroll through your social media). You’ll want to sign up when you’ll be able to actively participate.
Ready to jump into Growth Marketing?
Still not convinced? Contact us!