There’s so much 321 sales goodness, that sometimes it’s hard to choose! Here, we’ll unpack our 321 sales courses so you can decide which of sales adventure is the best fit for you.
Your 321 Sales Course “Cheat Sheet”
Here’s a handy “cheat sheet” that compares our Sales Kickstarter and Lean Sales courses. There’s plenty of detail that follows, so if your questions aren’t answered here, read on!
|Sales Kickstarter||Lean Sales|
|Upcoming Dates||Check here!||Check here!|
|Course length||A few hours||10 weeks of online learning with 2 hours each week of live learning – plus an evening Demo Day|
|Overview||Sales Kickstarter is an overview of how to build a “sales engine” in your company. You’ll do a self-assessment so you can see where you’re at now, identify key gaps, and build a high-level action plan to move you forward.||Lean Sales is a hands-on, deep-dive course in B2B sales. You’ll learn everything you need to know – from prospecting through closing – all while applying what you learn in your business in real-time, as you progress through the course.|
|Who should attend?||Business and technical founders, and senior members of the team responsible for sales. (Although, we encourage you to bring colleagues!)||Business and technical founders, and senior members of the team responsible for sales. (Although, we encourage you to bring colleagues!)|
|Is prior sales experience needed?||Absolutely not required!||Absolutely not required!|
|Company stage||Pre- or early-revenue, with some customers, and want to build your sales engine “right” from the outset. Have some customers and revenue, but are having some issues accelerating your growth – and need some help. Are doing well, but know that how you’re doing sales today won’t scale.||Pre- or early-revenue, with some customers, and want to build your sales engine “right” from the outset. Have some customers and revenue, but are having some issues accelerating your growth – and need some help. Are doing well, but know that how you’re doing sales today won’t scale.|
|Investment||Current Prices||Current Prices|
|How to register?||Upcoming Courses||Upcoming Courses|
Get Started with Sales – with 321’s Sales Kickstarter
Sales Kickstarter is our into course on B2B sales for startups and scale-ups. We’ll start with 321’s Growth Fundamentals then an overview of what a strong “sales engine” looks like. You’ll do self-assessments on your company’s current sales abilities as you go along, and lastly lead you through development of an action plan to move you forward.
First, when does this Sales Kickstarter party get started?
What do we cover in Sales Kickstarter?
Well, we cover a lot of ground in just a few hours! Here’s a sneak peek at some of the key topics:
- What does a good sales engine look like? What elements have to be in place before you start scaling up?
- Are you ready to hit the gas on sales – do you have Product-Market-Fit?
- What is your approach to growth – how can you determine your Go to Market strategy?
- Do you have a clear target customer, and a compelling value proposition, that will make growing your company easier?
- A self-assessment of your company’s current sales efforts, an understanding of where your key gaps lie, and what you should prioritize to move forward
- And an “Ask Me Anything” session, where you can ask the 321 sales experts your burning questions.
You’ll do all this as part of a cohort of like-minded folks, who will not only enhance your learning and build your network, but also make your experience more fun. 🙂
Who from your company should attend?
This course helps you to rise above the daily “to do’s” of sales, and think strategically about how you build this capacity in your organization. As a result, those who are charged with building the sales function will get the greatest value from their experience.
Specifically, we usually find this course full of business and technical founders, often joined by the senior members of the team responsible for (or contributing to) Sales (like Marketing, Product, Customer Success). That’s not to say that we don’t welcome your more junior colleagues – we do! But it’s usually best if they are coming along with a senior leader, who can work alongside with them during the course.
And last, here’s some advice, gleaned from working with 300 course attendees from 200 companies. We see over and over again, that those companies that send colleagues together to work jointly on building their sales engines, get better outcomes, faster. So, although sending more than one person increases your investment, we have seen that it also increases your results.
(If you’re looking for less than 10,000 feet above sea level, and more like 10 feet, then consider Lean Sales – our intensive deep-dive that goes into more “how to” content. Read on to find out more!)
Is any prior sales experience required?
Absolutely not! As we mention above, the Sales Kickstarter is a great fit both for those that have had no involvement in (and may even be a bit intimidated by) sales, as well as those with some sales scars looking for fresh perspectives. Everyone is welcome!
What stage of company will get the most from 321’s Sales Kickstarter?
We have worked with many companies that were quite early-stage, and some even pre-revenue. We often hear that our Sales Kickstarter is helpful for providing founders and their teams the understanding of sales to help them avoid the common missteps and mistakes that cost many early stage companies both time and money. We also hear that this course helps align the entire team as to what’s required to grow revenues, to understand what has to be in place before making a key first hire in sales, and how to manage the sales team for top performance.
So, if you’re early stage and want to learn how to “do sales right” from the outset, Sales Kickstarter is a good choice.
We have also worked with many companies that are farther along. They’ve launched their product, are confident that they’ve got product-market-fit (or are close), and feel like they are ready to hit the gas.
So perhaps you feel that sales are progressing nicely, but you want fresh eyes on your approach before you ramp up investment. Or perhaps your time is so scarce, that you don’t feel you can commit to the time required in our Lean Sales course. Or maybe you’re not convinced (yet) that 321 can help you, or that our approach will work for you.
So, if you are farther along and want fresh eyes on your sales approach – or you’re time-starved or just skeptical – we think you can’t go wrong starting with our Sales Kickstarter.
What’s the investment?
Ready to jump into Sales Kickstarter?
Still not convinced? Contact us!
Dive Deep into Sales – with 321’s Lean Sales
Lean Sales is our hands-on, deep-dive course for B2B founders (and their team members). In 10 weeks of blended online and “live” learning, you’ll learn everything you need to know – from prospecting through closing – all while applying what you learn in your business in real-time. If now is the time for your company to dive deeper into sales, build a winning process, get the team aligned to execute, and drive to results, then Lean Sales is the program for you.
When does the next Lean Sales cohort kick off?
What do we cover in Lean Sales?
In short, we cover everything B2B sales.
- We start by ensuring you have a solid foundation, with in-depth work on your business model, defining your ideal customer, understanding your value proposition, assessing your pricing.
- Then, we dive into building an effective sales process for you. We work on understanding your buyer journey, then mapping a sales process to support it.
- We dig deep into prospecting – best practices, common mistakes and #fails, as well as the role of scripts, how to do sales discovery, managing objections, and tools to move your deals along your pipeline.
- We also work on delivering great sales presentations, product demos, and the kinds of sales tools that will make a difference.
- We work on your pipeline: how to qualify deals, manage your pipeline, metrics to use to assess performance and progress, and where specifically a CRM can help you.
- Next, is the close! We help you understand how to negotiate, manage contracting and close your deals.
- And let’s not forget: the team. What kinds of people to hire, what combination of roles work, compensation guidelines, managing and coaching for better performance, and more.
- During the course, you’ll get a one-hour private “ride-a-long” session with your course leader, to help you tackle any thorny sales challenges, or get feedback and coaching.
- To wrap up, we celebrate your wins and progress at a Demo Day event. We’ll raise a glass to toast your progress (and give away some great prizes) along with your cohort and invited friends of 321.
Who from your company should attend?
Lean Sales is primarily for “do-ers”. And by do-ers, we mean:
- Business and technical founders, and senior members of your team that have responsibility for sales. Perhaps you’re feeling a little uncomfortable (or frankly, completely out of your comfort zone) in a sales role. Lean Sales will help you to learn how to sell (everyone CAN sell!), so that you can coach and support your current sales team, or arm yourself to better recruit and manage your future sales talent.
- Other members of your team that are involved in and support sales (think: Marketing, Product, Customer Success), but don’t have direct accountability. These folks on your team will hugely benefit from attending Lean Sales as well. This course will help get your whole team on the same page as to your sales approach, and how they all work together to drive revenue.
- If you have a sales process that is working well (or maybe you’re already a 321 Sales Alumni!), you may want to have newer team members take Lean Sales as part of their onboarding. This course can be a time- and cost-efficient way to get your newer team members up to speed on a sales approach that works.
And as mentioned earlier, we’ve learned (from our past attendees) that you’ll get better outcomes, faster, if everyone that touches sales goes through the Lean Sales experience together. It’s a bigger investment for sure, but it also ensures that you will be able to implement what you learn – and drive sales results – more quickly.
Is any prior sales experience required?
Nope! Lean Sales is a fit for those with no prior experience, as well as those folks with more sales experience that are keen to brush up their skills, or learn new skills and techniques.
What stage of company will get the most from 321’s Lean Sales?
We have worked with companies at all different stages, and attendees with varying levels of sales experience.
In general, you’ll get the very most from your Lean Sales experience if:
- You are working full-time on your business, or are close to making that leap.
- You already have a product. It may be launched, or will soon be. You are well on your way to product-market-fit. (Why? If you are too early stage, you are far better off spending your time on market validation – then once you’ve got some market feedback, we can help you get ready to sell!)
- In terms of stage, you may be:
- Pre- or early-revenue, with some customers, and want to build your sales engine “right” from the outset.
- Have some customers and revenue, but are having some issues accelerating your growth – and need some help.
- Are doing well, but know that how you’re doing sales today won’t scale.
- Critical to enjoying your Lean Sales adventure – and achieving great outcomes is your commitment to making growing your sales a top priority. In short, you and your team are ready to stop talking about it, and get ‘er done.
What’s the investment?
Your investment in 321’s Lean Sales is two-fold:
First, the $:
But let’s not forget: your time!
The second part of your investment is your time! Lean Sales is not a passive course where you can sit in the back row and do emails (or scroll through your social media). You’ll want to sign up when you’ll be able to actively participate.
Ready to jump into Lean Sales?
Still not convinced? Contact us?